Profile of Helen Vines
About Helen Vines
Helen Vines is a trainer, facilitator and social enterprise business adviser. She has experience of delivering social enterprise and social accounting support across much of the South West, in addition to hands-on experience of running a social enterprise, being a founder director and company secretary of CEU Ltd for 13 years.
Helen runs VINESWORKS, delivering training, facilitation, evaluation services, business advice and support to those in the social economy and supporters of it. Helen is the South West Regional Co-ordinator for SAN.
Helen's previous roles included community appraisals work, community development roles, habitat management and IT systems analysis. She has worked in the private, public and voluntary sector.
Social Accounting & Audit, and associated, skills and experience.
- Founding director and Company Secretary of Social Audit Network UK
- Achieved OCN Qualification in Social Accounting and Audit
- Achieved UK SAN approved Social Auditor status and chaired 10 panels, and 1 self-audited verification (as per the 2011 SAN PIA Model).
- Delivered numerous 1 day introductory courses in social accounting and audit to social enterprises and voluntary/community organisations since 1998.
- CEU Ltd cited as the social accounting case study for best practise in the DTI Social Enterprise Unit's "Social Enterprise Toolkit for Public Procurement" (2002).
- Developed and delivered (up to 18 month) programmes of training and support to social enterprises and voluntary/community organisations to undertake social accounting to the point of audit panels and issuing of audit statements (2001-7), having run four development programmes in the South West and two in Wales.
- Assessed OCN portfolios for the Social Accounting and Audit qualification.
- Delivered presentations and workshops at national conferences on social accounting in England and Wales.
- Contributed to the 2005 and 2011 re-writes of the UKSAN Social Accounting workbook and CD
- Delivery of social accounting seminars to social enterprise business advisors in the South West (in partnership with nef)
- Training for Panel Chairs in Yorkshire (2005)
- Training and mentoring support for Cylch ( Wales) to undertake social accounting themselves and for them to train some of their members to undertake social accounting too.
- Delivery of social accounting workshops for Social Enterprises in Cheshire (on behalf of Cheshire County Council) - 2006/7
- Involvement in production and revisions of CEU's own social accounts (3 sets)
Clients – for audit panel chairing:
- Glastonbury Green Business Club ( Somerset )
- Mendip YMCA ( Somerset )
- Menter Iaith Llanelli ( S Wales – bi-lingual panel meeting and first set of accounts produced in Welsh))
- New Sndfields & Aberavon Sustainable Regeneration ( S Wales )
- Pembrokeshire FRAME ( S Wales)
- Somerset Community Food Links Network ( Somerset )
- Somerset Information and Guidance Network ( Somerset )
- Somerset Levels and Moors LEADER + ( Somerset )
- West Mendip Credit Union ( Somerset )
- Zebra Collective (Plymouth) – self audited verification.
Clients – for delivery of social accounting training, workshops and events (2000 onwards)
ArtShape Ltd, North Cornwall Sure Start Teams, West Devon CVS's, Somerset Information and Guidance Network (SIGN), Learning and Skills Council Devon and Cornwall, Baring Foundation, Somerset County Council, Learning and Skills Council Somerset – (LIF), Somerset Food Links, Somerset Specialist Health Promotion Service, DTA Wales (on behalf of Communities First Support Network), National Council for Voluntary Service, Bristol Area Community Enterprise Network (BACEN), CATAPAULT (Tredegar Development Trust), Cylch (Wales Community Recycling Network) – work carried out under UKSAN banner, Zebra Collective.